How to Cook Walnut and dried cherry bars? this recipe special for you.
Cooking time just 35 Minutes and preparationctime just 20 Minute, is very Easy for 12 Serving.
- 250ml (1 cup) quick-cooking oats
- 190ml (¾ cup) wholemeal pastry flour or regular wholemeal flour
- 65ml (¼ cup) toasted wheat germ
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125ml (½ cup) honey
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tbsps rapeseed oil
- 1 egg beaten to mix
- 1 egg white
- 190ml (¾ cup) chopped dried tart cherries
- 125ml (½ cup) finely chopped walnuts
- Cooking spray
- 65ml (¼ cup) fruit-only apricot jam
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. In a medium bowl whisk together the oats flour wheat germ cinnamon and salt.
2) In another bowl whisk together the honey apple sauce oil egg and egg white until well combined. Stir in the oatmeal mixture until well combined. Add the dried cherries and walnuts.
3) Coat a 20-cm square baking tin with cooking spray. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean 30 to 35 minutes.
4) Put the jam in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as the bars come out of the oven brush with the jam. Cool completely and cut into 12 bars about 10 by 4cm each.
Calories 230; Total Fat 9 g; (Sat Fat 1 g Mono Fat 3 g Poly Fat 4 g) ; Protein 4 g; Carb 34 g; Fibre 2 g; Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 60 mg
Excellent source of: Manganese
Good source of: Thiamin
Recipe Source: http://www.foodnetworkasia.com/recipes/walnut-and-dried-cherry-bars#sthash.yt7E5nUJ.dpuf