Nobody wants to wake up in the morning and prepare a long and tiring dish before going to work. That is when a quick and easy recipe will help you. The Spanish omelette is tasty and healthy. If you have kids at home, they would love it too.
The Spanish omelette is made with tomatoes, potatoes and chillies. These vegetables are mixed in the right proportion to bring out a tasty and delectable meal for breakfast.
Read on to know how to make the easy Spanish omelette recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Eggs- 4
- Potatoes- 2 (medium)
- Tomatoes- 2 (medium)
- Onions- 2 (medium)
- Green chillies- 4 nos
- Black pepper powder- ½ tbsp
- Shredded cheese- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
Method1. Boil the potatoes till it can be mashed well.
2. In the meantime, chop the onions and tomatoes into fine pieces.
3. Now, take a bowl and break the eggs into it. Now, add tomatoes, onions, boiled potatoes, green chilies, black pepper powder and salt into it. Beat the mixture well till it becomes soft and fluffy.
4. Then, take a pan and heat oil in it. Once it is heated, pour the mixture into the pan.
5. While the omelette is being cooked, add the shredded cheese and spread it evenly.
6. Flip and cook on both sides till it becomes light golden in colour.
You can serve this yummy Spanish omelette with toasted bread. For serving two people, mix two eggs and each ingredient for best results.
- Eggs are super-foods. They are loaded with nutrients. Eggs are also rich in minerals that you do not get from most of your regular meals. These minerals help you in doing your day-to-day activities with more zest.
- Studies have proved that eating eggs helps you in being less prone to breast cancer. Therefore, women must make sure that they have eggs at least twice a week.
- Vegetables like potatoes and onions are good for your body as they contain many nutrients.
- Potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that helps in you becoming more energetic.
If you have any leftover chicken inside your fridge, shred them and add into your Spanish omelette. It will make your omelette tastier.
Read more at: http://www.boldsky.com/cookery/non-vegetarian/2014/easy-spanish-omelette-recipe-052594.html