Total time : 20 Minutes
Prep time : 5 Minutes
Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
Good To Know : This traditional pie uses whole-wheat pizza dough for healthier grains. Cooking tip: To quickly pluck the leaves from herbs, just run your thumb and index finger along the stem—they'll pop off!
You Can Try More recipe for Vegetable pizza:
Required Ingredients :
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves, optional
Preparation and How To :
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet.
3. In a small bowl, stir oil and garlic; brush on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, mozzarella and Parmesan.
4. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is golden and crisp, about 13 minutes. Top with basil, if desired. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
recipe source : http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,50400000127154,00.html
|Calories per serving:||334|
|Fat per serving:||10.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||52g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||9mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||686mg|
|Calcium per serving:||174mg|