Prep Time: 10 minutesIngredients
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: Serves: 4
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups lightly packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Nutritional yeast, optional
1. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook, shifting pan occasionally, until tomatoes are lightly browned and blistered on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in skillet. Add spinach, scallions, thyme and red pepper flakes; sauté until spinach is tender, about 5 minutes. Spread spinach evenly over skillet. Scatter tomatoes over spinach and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into skillet and turn off heat.
3. Immediately stir egg mixture with a heatproof spatula until eggs are gently scrambled, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, if desired, and serve hot.
Good to Know
Nutritional yeast, available at natural-food stores, adds a Parmesan-like finish to this satisfying breakfast or brunch dish.
|Calories per serving:||182|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||279mg|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||9g|
|Sodium per serving:||316mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||89mg|