|Photo : Dummies|
Make your egg salad sandwiches flat-belly friendly by replacing the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. In this egg salad recipe for a flat-belly diet, gets the classic seasonings of dill, celery, and green onion — but a little lemon juice adds a some unexpected tang. Try serving egg salad over a bowl of lettuce greens. This sandwich pairs well with fresh berries as a side.
Now you can try this recipe:
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- In a medium pot, place the eggs and fill with water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover, allowing the eggs to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour off the water, and cover the eggs with ice for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and place them in a medium bowl.
- Smash the eggs with a fork and stir in the yogurt until a chunky paste forms.
- Mix in the lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the onion, celery, and dill until incorporated.
- Toast the bread, and serve the egg salad on the 2 slices of bread with 2 leaves of lettuce each.
Per serving: Calories 262 (From Fat 85); Fat 9g (Saturated 3g); Cholesterol 317mg; Sodium 388mg; Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 4g); Protein 19g.
recipe Source : http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/egg-salad-sandwich-recipe-for-your-flatbelly-diet.html